SHORT PRIVACY STATEMENT
Threat Scenarios greatly respects your privacy. We will not sell or distribute our client lists to anyone (aside from responding to a valid legal order). Any information provided to us by clients regarding firearm ownership will be immediately discarded after the class (or the purpose for which it was provided) is complete.
On the technical side, we only use user tracking tools like Google Analytics to determine how users are reacting to ads we’ve placed or are using our website. In this case, we use Google’s IP Anonymization for Analytics option in an effort to reduce the information collected. When you make a purchase, your personal information is processed by Authorize.net and is stored securely only for the purpose of recording that sale. We may keep our users/clients up to date on future classes/offerings via a newsletter, but users may opt-out at any time.
Threat Scenarios, LLC (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website threatscenarios.com or use our mobile application or any associated services (collectively, our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
• On this Website.
• In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
• Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries; or
• Any third party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website or via links on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
• By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address and e-mail address (“personal information”);
• That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
• About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us.
• Automatically as you navigate through the site.
• From third parties, for example, our business partners, as we may associate with them from time to time.
• Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
* Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of purchasing a class from us, or signing up for a mailing list.
* Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
* Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
* Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
USAGE DETAILS, IP ADDRESSES, COOKIES, AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data, and does not identify any individual. We use Google Analytics to help us understand how visitors use our site, and whether they may make a purchase after viewing an advertisement either in a search engine or on another site.
We employ Google Analytics IP Address anonymization as described in this support article: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2763052?hl=en
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Web Beacons. From time to time, pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages, or opened an e-mail, and for other related website statistics—for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity.
We make every effort possible, both through our use of Google Analytics and Authorize.net (our payment processor) to minimize the association of our users’ personal information (IP addresses are handled like personal information when a purchase is made) with information automatically collected by our systems.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Website and its contents to you.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
• To provide you with notices about your purchase.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection when applicable.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the unsubscribe link provided in our MailChimp newsletter.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We value and respect the privacy of our users and will continue to make every effort to protect user information from unlawful access and disclosure of User information. Any identification cards (State Driver’s License / Military ID / Badge Number, etc) or firearm ownership information delivered or presented to us (either on site during a class, or via email) will be used ONLY for verification purposes and will be immediately discarded afterwards.
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
• With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, as required by law. (All legal requests will be scrutinized by our attorneys prior to being fulfilled, and we will not respond to overly broad requests for information.)
• To enforce or apply other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out at any time either on the newsletter itself, or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transaction will be encrypted using 256-bit SSL technology.