Date(s) - Jul 24, 2021
9:00am - 5:00pm
This Rifle Basics course will introduce the student to the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for owning and using a rifle safely. Through this course, the students will learn about rifle parts and operation, ammunition, gun safety, rifle sights, and rifle shooting fundamentals.
Students will learn proper operation of their rifles basic functions. Additionally, we will address shooting positions, shooting from behind cover, malfunction clearance, and much more. There is no prerequisite. This is the perfect class for those that have little to no experience, although it provides a great refresher and probably some new material for experienced shooters.
This is a range day, but we’ll include some short talks about the legal aspects of defense as well as basic tactics.
Lunch will be provided.
This class is $345.00, but if you sign up by July 20th, use discount code JulyRifle to save $50.00 making the class fee only $295.00
- This class is held on private property behind a locked gate. Instructors and students are the only people allowed on the property.
- We do not have an attorney on staff to determine the status of your firearms, so there will be no inspection for legality; only safety / function inspections will be performed.
- We also do not check magazine capacity. We encourage students to bring all their equipment and all their magazines.
- Rifle: a modern, semi-auto is much preferred
- Rifle magazine holder(s)
- A rifle sling, for convenience
- Rifle calibers: any up to 5.56, plus 7.62 x 39. If in doubt, email email@example.com
- Minimum 300 rounds
- STEEL CORE ROUNDS ARE PROHIBITED
- Body armor, chest rigs, IFAK, etc.
- Sights: any; our instructors will adapt their techniques for each type of sight
- Clothing: any, however, no open-toed shoes or shorts
- Water, snacks, etc.
Bookings are closed for this event.